Jun 23, 2011
HI,I WAS RECENTY PUT ON ZIAGEN + EPIVIR AND EFV FOR SIX MONTH NOW, AM RESPONDING VERY WELL TO THE DRUGS,I WENT FOR CD4 AND THE RESULT WERE CD4=316 AND CD4%=20.38%.IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I CAN BE PUT ON EPZICOM? IS IT OKEY IF I CAN BE TAKING A BIT OF ALCOHOL WHILIST ON THE SAME DRUGS? THANKS, GM.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello GM and thanks for your post.
Sounds like you're responding very well to treatment. Since Epzicom contains abacavir+lamivudine (or by trade names, Ziagen + Epivir), there's no reason why you couldn't switch to the single pill Epzicom.
It's also ok to have an occasional alcohol drink with this (or other) HIV medications.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.