Jun 23, 2011
Do I need to stop my meds on the day of colonoscopy? what time shoud i Take my meds on the day of colonoscopy so it does not flush out?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
There's no written-in-stone approach to this; but I'd wait until after your colon cleansing and procedure to take you medications. Worse case is to simply skip the doses on the night before and day of the colonoscopy. A single missed day won't have any significant consequences if your adherence is otherwise very good.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Accutane Blood Work Check For Hepatitis?
- What Does Hiv Positive And Negative Mean?
- Hiv Transmission Through The Nose
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Can You Be A Registered Nurse If You Are Hiv Positive?
- When Shingles Scab Up Are They Still Contagious?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.