HIV /HBV confection

Dear sir . My cd4 is 37. I have both HIV and HBV . Before start ARV Now I am treating pcp nyumoniya . I am worried about it my cd4 will Increase after treatment. I hope your answer give me more courage And make strong.

Hello and thank you for your questions.

Your health situation is indeed serious, but your health and CD4 count can certainly improve. I advise even my most ill patients that a normal life expectancy is entirely possible.

Current US treatment guidelines for HIV/HBV coinfection outline the basic strategies for laboratory workup and treatment (which should include tenofovir and either FTC or 3TC in addition to a 3rd HIV medication).

In addition, newest data strongly demonstrate benefit if persons diagnosed with active opportunistic infections (such as Pneumocystis pneumonia) start HIV medications as soon as possible, preferably before completion of the treatment for the OI.

Overall, if I were your doctor, I'd get you prepared to start HIV medications in the very near future. I would expect that you'd respond to treatment in a matter of weeks; CD4 cell counts improving in a few months.

Be well, BY

shouldnt I be on meds?
colonoscopy