shouldnt I be on meds?
Jun 21, 2011
My viral load is 15000 copies, my cd4 count is 460.... My doctor said i can only be on ARVs once my cd4 is bellow 300. Is this safe?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Assuming that you live in the US, your doctor's recommendations are out of date. Current US treatment guidelines recommend treatment for asymptomatic HIV-infected persons with CD4 counts below 500 and suggests that treatment may be suitable even for persons with CD4 counts above 500.
Hope that helps. Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sore On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- After Using Pep Is A Three Month Window Period Accurate
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.