|shouldnt I be on meds?
Jun 21, 2011
My viral load is 15000 copies, my cd4 count is 460.... My doctor said i can only be on ARVs once my cd4 is bellow 300. Is this safe?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Assuming that you live in the US, your doctor's recommendations are out of date. Current US treatment guidelines recommend treatment for asymptomatic HIV-infected persons with CD4 counts below 500 and suggests that treatment may be suitable even for persons with CD4 counts above 500.
Hope that helps. Be well, BY
Not taking atripla at the same time every day.
HIV /HBV confection
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What Foods Help Shingles Treatment?
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Start To Scab?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Timeline Of Herpes Transmission
- Symptoms Of Pharyngeal Gonorrhea
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.