|shouldnt I be on meds?
Jun 21, 2011
My viral load is 15000 copies, my cd4 count is 460.... My doctor said i can only be on ARVs once my cd4 is bellow 300. Is this safe?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Assuming that you live in the US, your doctor's recommendations are out of date. Current US treatment guidelines recommend treatment for asymptomatic HIV-infected persons with CD4 counts below 500 and suggests that treatment may be suitable even for persons with CD4 counts above 500.
Hope that helps. Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Headache After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.