Can a HIV patient allow ensure plus or pro-cal as supplement
Jun 17, 2011
a patient losing weight drastically, unable to eat adequately due to vomiting and diahorrea which might be the side effect of the medications. wanted to give ensure plus but very sure if this is good with this type of condition. please help.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
While there are many causes of weight loss, vomiting and diarrhea (and should be fully evaluated and corrected, if possible), there is no reason why nutritional supplements, such as Ensure, can't be taken.
Hope this helps. Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Put Condom On Backwards Is It Still Effective Against Hiv
- Will Chlamydia Be Detected In Blood Test?
- What Kind Of Blood Test Do You Use For Herpes?
- What Effects Can Gonorrhea Have On The Body?
- What Does A Herpes Scab Look Like?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.