Penicillin treatment

I am currently on Penicillin treatment for syphilis. Had my first 2 injections last week Friday with this friday and next week friday 2 more. Should I not also be taking Doxycycline 100mg twice daily? I just want to make sure that the syphilis is cured completely. Can Penicillin and Doxycycline be used similtaneously?

Hello and thanks for your post.

Penicillin is the treatment of choice for syphilis- recommended by the most current US treatment guidelines. Doxycycline is reserved as a second-line treatment for persons who are allergic to penicillin.

There's no reason to give both medications.

All that's needed is to finish the 3rd injection and continue to get routine monitoring of your syphilis titers.

Hope that helps, BY

AZT in pregnancy
HIV and Anti-biotics