Gilead Sciences Receives Subpoena from U.S. Department of Justice reguarding the QUALITY of Atripla

The following press release was made on 6/10/11 from Gilead and it involves Atripla. The QUALITY of Atripla is being investigated by the US Department of Justice and I would like more information than what Gilead has conveniently timed to put out late Friday (the 1st press release forgot the word "QUALITY" as being investigated.) What issues have been raised, what concerns should we have as people who are taking this drug? Gilead should be required to immediately come clean on what they know and what they are doing to make things right.

FOSTER CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 10, 2011--

Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: GILD) today announced that it has received a subpoena from the United States Attorney's Office for the Northern District of California requesting documents related to the manufacture, and related quality and distribution practices, of Atripla(R) , Emtriva(R) , Hepsera(R) , Letairis(R) , Truvada(R) , Viread(R) and our investigational fixed-dose combination of Truvada and Edurant(TM) . Gilead is cooperating in this civil and criminal investigation.

Hello and thanks for your post.

At this time, we really don't know more than what's in the press releases. Reuters also covered the story, noting that they did not receive further details from either the Justice Department or Gilead.

For now, so long as routine medical and laboratory monitoring has not raised any signals of side effects or toxicity, I'd not be overly concerned. Stay tuned.

BY

A very high white blood cells in urine can be an H.I.V. possitive?
AZT in pregnancy