A very high white blood cells in urine can be an H.I.V. possitive?

I am male. Last week, I have been experiencing a very very painful burning sensation when urinating. My urologist told me to have a urinalysis. The result is I have a very high WBC, a 0.4(i forgot the unit) of blood and a 10(forgot the unit) of protein and the rest is normal. The doctor told me to take 'ciprofloxacin' twice a day for 3 weeks. After 2 days of taking the antibiotic, the pain was gone. So my question is: is this and std or just a UTI? And having high white blood cells, blood and protein in my urine has a chance to be an hiv? Thnx and more power.

Hello and thanks for your post.

White blood cells in the urine is an indicator of infection in the urinary tract (kidney-bladder-(prostate)-urethra). It doesn't tell what the infection is caused by at all, so this could be a conventional urinary tract infection or sexually transmitted infection. When one has a UTI, it's not uncommon at all to see protein in the urine; this condition is not generally speaking normal if there isn't an infection. The type of bacteria present dictates whether the cause is an STI, such as gonorrhea or chlamydia. If so, you should also be tested for syphilis (a blood test) and HIV.

None of these situations says that you have HIV. One the other hand, if you've acquired a STI, then there certainly could be risk for HIV exposure.

Be well, BY

My dog ate my feces
Gilead Sciences Receives Subpoena from U.S. Department of Justice reguarding the QUALITY of Atripla