|i want to know
May 26, 2011
Does a person continue to lose weight if he or she is infected with hiv? Even during treatement. Can a person with the disease go to college? or Work?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thank you for your post.
Weight loss can be a symptom of HIV infection, but it's important to bear in mind that there are many causes of weight loss. Among persons with HIV-associated weight loss (sometimes called "wasting"), HIV treatments are very effective in halting and reversing.
People living with HIV today can expect to live normal quality of life- including attending college, working and yes, even paying taxes.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- A Wet Clear Vaginal Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.