missed two doses of truvada

I just realized that I hadn't filled my daily medicine holder correctly and the last time I took truvada was probably 72 hours ago. I've been undetectable since fall 2007, so maybe I'm okay. I just read that it might be potentially more dangerous that I was still taking the isentress all the while. I'm so deeply worried that I ruined this treatment. My partner and I have been having unprotected sex without orgasming and so it's important to know that I'll remain undetectable. How long will it take to know?

Hello and thanks for your post.

If you've been undetectable, even if you stopped all medications, it would typically take upwards of 1-2 weeks before your virus became detectable. For that reason, a couple of missed doses shouldn't result in detectable virus, drug resistance or significant risk of transmission to your partner.

For peace of mind, one thing that you could consider doing is checking your viral load in the near future.

Hope that helps, BY

touch a dead body with aids and HVC
i want to know