May 23, 2011
if i go down on HIV+ girl will i get it too?
| Response from Dr. McGowan
Things that could effect your risk are:
You would be more likely to be at risk if there is any vaginal blood, such as during menstruation. You would be at higher risk if she has an active sexually transmitted infection or genital sore such as with syphilis or herpes. You woould have a lower risk if she was on antiretroviral therapy AND had a completely suppressed viral load. You would be at less risk if you used a latex barrier such as a dental dam. You would be at higher risk if you had any sores in your mouth or bad gum disease/gingivitis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Prickling Tingle Symptoms In Vagina
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.