Selzentry and joint pain

I have been on Selzentry (and Isentress and Truvada) for about 6 months (POZ 22 years) and have been experiencing almost debilitating joint pain in my fingers and elbows. Is it going to get worse or better over time? Is there a good treatment to stop the pain?

Hello and thanks for your post.

It's not clear from your post what the cause of your serious joint pain is. In my opinion, I'd be seeking a detailed diagnostic approach to assess if you have an arthritis, and if so, what type. Usually, this involves getting x ray exams, specialty blood work, and sometimes needle aspiration of joint fluid.

Only with an informed assessment of the cause can a treatment plan be constructed.

I hope that's of some help; feel free to write back with any additional questions. BY

Recently diagnosed - Travelling
After treatment for Gonorrhea