Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Missing One Med
May 16, 2011

Hello I am on Ziagen Epivir & Reyataz have been for a few years totally undetectable status.My pharmacy has messed up and now I don't have my Ziagen it's the weekend Saturday for some reason every like 5 refills this one medication needs to get a "prior authorization" just some BS and my insurance is closed on the weekends so nothing can be done till Monday mind you I called this in last Thursday MORNING! CVS has had plenty of time to get it together. My question is I have the Reyataz and Epivir I dont know if I can or should take them without the ZIAGEN I mean they do work together so shouldn't I take them together? Thanks for you help

Response from Dr. Young

Hi and thanks for your post.

In general, I would not recommend just taking 2 of your 3 medications. Missing 1 or 2 days of a single medication (if your currently suppressed) probably isn't the worst thing. Any longer than that, and I'd suggest stopping all three medications until your supply is sorted out.

One suggestion; if your taking Ziagen and Epivir, consider asking your health care provider about the co-formulated Epzicom-- the same medications, just one pill and one prescription.

I hope that helps and be well, BY

Previous
Questioning ID Doc's response to my numbers
Next
Bad Reaction to both Intelence/Truvada, and Isentress/Truvada

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.