Missing One Med

Hello I am on Ziagen Epivir & Reyataz have been for a few years totally undetectable status.My pharmacy has messed up and now I don't have my Ziagen it's the weekend Saturday for some reason every like 5 refills this one medication needs to get a "prior authorization" just some BS and my insurance is closed on the weekends so nothing can be done till Monday mind you I called this in last Thursday MORNING! CVS has had plenty of time to get it together. My question is I have the Reyataz and Epivir I dont know if I can or should take them without the ZIAGEN I mean they do work together so shouldn't I take them together? Thanks for you help

Hi and thanks for your post.

In general, I would not recommend just taking 2 of your 3 medications. Missing 1 or 2 days of a single medication (if your currently suppressed) probably isn't the worst thing. Any longer than that, and I'd suggest stopping all three medications until your supply is sorted out.

One suggestion; if your taking Ziagen and Epivir, consider asking your health care provider about the co-formulated Epzicom-- the same medications, just one pill and one prescription.

I hope that helps and be well, BY

Questioning ID Doc's response to my numbers
Bad Reaction to both Intelence/Truvada, and Isentress/Truvada