|Can preszista and truvada be used together
May 14, 2011
My DR Just switched me to Prezista and Truvada after having side effects on combivir and sustiva Everything im reading says you must take novir also my cd4 count is 621 and viral load undetectable please help
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Darunavir (DRV, Prezista) is a HIV protease inhibitor that MUST be dosed with ritonavir (RTV,Norvir) to achieve adequate drug levels in blood. Depending on your previous treatment and resistance history, you should be taking 800 mg DRV with 100 mg RTV (once-daily) or 600 mg DRV with 100 mg RTV (twice-daily).
I'd let your health care provider know about your medication question as soon as possible.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.