Can I be of use?

Hello, Dr. Young. The articles on this website about Ukraine and her HIV/AIDS problem are fascinating. I'm just about to graduate from a European med school, but wasn't able to match this year. I can speak Ukrainian. Would I be of any use as a fresh MD who needs more clinical experience, to the HIV organizations in Ukraine? and how? Thanks. Marie

Hello Marie and thank you for your note and interest in helping in Ukraine. This has been an area close to my heart for many years.

As you may already know, HIV/AIDS in Eastern Europe is of great concern with some of the highest prevalence regions in the world outside of Africa.

There are a number of agencies in Ukraine that I'm sure would love to have your assistance. Here the link to the International AIDS Alliance which lists many organizations in country. I'd also suggest getting in contact with my friends and colleagues at the AIDS Knowledge Hub in Kiev.

Good luck, and let us know how things work out.

BY

Antacids
Rash