Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

at risk or not and the need for pep here
Apr 29, 2011

dr pls i need your view on this.few days ago,i had sex with a hiv +ve lady using 3 condoms and none ruptured afterwards.however,she sucked my nipple quite well during the intercourse.immediately after the sex,i checked for any visibble bleeding points but i could not see any.i equally poured alcohol and methylated spirit on both nipples to see if i could have any feeling of an unseen wound but the feeling i got was different from that of the sharp excruting pain of spirit on a fresh wound.i rather got the feeling of a pressure pain on the nipples and the surrounding skin.now i occassionally feel such pressure and drawing sensation.the doctor i spoke about this to in my country talked me into starting pep and i have taken zidovudine+lamivudine tabs for days now.my recent lft result show an increase in the sgot and sgpt enzyme levels.do you feel (i)i am at risk of hiv transmission (ii)should i continue with the pep despite the lft results.

Response from Dr. McGowan

You do not describe any contact between your blood and the blood or body fluids from the woman you had sex with. In that case you do not need any PEP. Best, Joe

Previous
Help Obtaining Gardisal Vaccine
Next
peoples have some cracks on their lips

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.