Help Obtaining Gardisal Vaccine

My Dr. is willing to prescribe me the Gardisal vaccine ("off label" since I'm a 45y/o male), but I don't know where to get the actual vaccines. His office tried to order them for me, but it only comes in a box of 10 (or 12) units and I don't want/can't buy the whole thing for only 3 that I need. I tried calling the Health Department in my state (OK) but they refused to provide it to me since I'm over 26y/o. Do you have any idea how/where can I get my vaccine? Thank you very much!

Response from Dr. McGowan

Since it is recommended for both men and women up to the age of 26, I would expect that in addition to OB/GYN docs, practitioners who treat adolescents would carry it. Best to contact a Family Medicine doctor who would treat men and women, young and old. They wuld likely have it available to treat they array of patients.

Joe

Levaquin
at risk or not and the need for pep here