lets celebrate???

hi Doc Benjamin, I wanted to thank you for all your answers and help, I read constantly your posts and you have been very supportive and an important influencer in order to achieve my goal to be undectectable. You are a great guidance. Thank you very very much. I just got my results and it says that no RNA HIV 1 was found in the sample (for the first time) (<40 copies or 1.60 log). Abbott m2000 & Abbott Real Time. Are these test kits good enough to believe that I am undectectable? Should I find laboratories where they use the <20 copies?? My cd4 are 310 and 22.0%. They are moving up very very slow, I have been on treatment for almost 3 months and I started at Cd4 254, 16.9%. Is this normal or what do you recommend me to me able to higher my Cd4? I have been doing the tests in the morning (fasting). My first Cd4 test presented 540 & 34% (I did it in the afternoon). Thank you very much for your help, anymway i am very happy to read that I am undectable...

Hello and thanks for your comments.

From the looks of it, you're having a great response to treatment. Your initial CD4 numbers were pretty low- just above the AIDS-defining thresholds of 200 and 15%. Your newer labs show a very nice response, with levels that are now just below the lower limits of normal (350 and 30-35%). And yes, you have undetectable levels of virus (at the 40 copy threshold of detection. There's no need to worry about the diagnostic difference between the 40 copy test and the 20 copy test. At these levels, undetectable is undetectable.

So, hope this helps. Great to hear about the undetectability!

BY

Responding to CD4 question on 4-17
Results after 4 and 6 weeks