CD 4 Count

Is it possible for a person to have CD4 count Zero and respond to ARV treatment?

Yes, it is possible for someone with very advanced HIV/AIDS to respond to treatment. I'm sure that there are some of our readers who may be able to comment on their experiences.

Zero is, well, very low for a CD4 test. People who have such low counts are at somewhat greater risk of complications and treatment failure, but this doesn't mean that failure is inevitable, rather, simply at higher risk that those who start treatment with higher counts.

I hope this helps, BY

Truvada & Isentress