follow up

Hi Dr. YOU ANSWERED ME OF MY QUESTION (i have so many pimples on my face during washing my face by water many pimples get broken and some blood is came out from them. if one drop of hiv infected blood is put in to the small bucket of water then i wash my fsce by this water and some pimple get broken and some blood is come out from them. then can hiv transmmition can possible?)AS THE FOLLOWS

Thanks for your question. If you have HIV infection you cannot transmit it back to yourself. So exposure to your own blood would not place you at any risk. Joe

BUT MY FOLLOW UP QUESTION IS THAT- this drop of hiv infected blood is of another hiv infected person. and my question is that can hiv transmit through my pimple by washing my face with this water present in the bucket?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Sorry for the confusion on my part.

No this would not be a risk for you since a drop of blood would become very dilute in the water and the cells and any organisms would not remain viable because they cannot survive in pure water (normally the body fluids have a balance of salts and water, in pure water the cells burst because the balance is lost). If the water were grossly bloody that may be a different circumstance.

Best, Joe

infected couple but too much confusion .
Anything to worry about?