Isentress once daily?

My first (and current) meds are Truvada + Isentress, on which my doc started me around August of 2009. At that time he said that there was a current study to determine if the Isentress could be taken in once-a-day dosing (both 400mg tabs taken together instead of twice-a-day dosing). A few months later, he said it was approvedhowever, I can't find any updated information from Merck that confirms this...can you confirm if the once-a-day dosing is approved off label?

Also, are there any time requirements for either the Truvada or Isentress (i.e. 12 hours apart, 10-12 hours apart, etc.how strict do I need to be with the time between each dosing)?

Thank you!

Hello and thanks for your post.

While raltegravir (Isentress) has proven itself to be a very potent and well tolerated medication and now recommended as part of US treatment guideline first-line treatments, the recently concluded QDMRK study showed that once-daily raltegravir (with Truvada),is inferior to twice-daily.

There are no strict timing requirements for the Truvada or Isentress.

Be well, BY

diet
I threw up shortly after taking my Atripila