|how does one define "missing dosage" & drug vacation
Apr 3, 2011
i am currently on norvir, truvada and prezista for over 2 years. My infection was caught within 2 wks of exposure (non definitive WB, high VL count and hight CD34) and therapy was initiated. my questions are: 1. sometimes due to travelling, i need to switch my meds from night to morning. I tried the window to be less than 6 hours. does that put me in any danger? 2. can i take a drug vacation? i'm just really tired of the pills
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
1) You're doing fine with the dosing. Since your medications are dosed once-daily, there's little harm in an occasional shift in the time of dosing for time zones.
2) Treatment interruptions are generally not recommended, but there are plenty of reasons why they could be considered. Pill burn-out is clearly one- if you're growing tired of taking pills, first be sure to discuss your thoughts with your health care provider. I'd also suggest talking to a support group about your feelings; you'll find that you're not alone and that others may have found solutions or solace in others' experiences.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Needle Stick Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.