|about window period
Mar 31, 2011
Hi Dr. i perform hiv test after 5 month 20 day from possible hiv exposure. normally 6 month(window period) is the the time to take the formation of antibodies. but i perform the hiv test 10 days before the window period my question is that due to this hiv can detectable by Elisa test? can any mistake is occur during hiv test? can i have to perform another hiv test?
| Response from Dr. McGowan
No need to retest. The vast majority of people who will test positive will do so by 3 months, the 6 month test is for the rare late converters. 10 days would make no difference.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.