so worried

Hi Dr. I have so many pimples on my face. some times flows the blood from it . i have job as a computer operator. i share the keyboards, computer mouse, coffee cup, water glass, pen, files, and so many things. and also i meet many people for the jobs projects, during meeting i shakes the hand with these unknown people. i regularly touches my pimple with my finger and every touch up to the pimple, the pimple get broken and some blood is come out from it. (some times some people as for just joking are touches to my face with his finger) if the shared things by me during job work are contaminated with blood by any other way due to which the risk of hiv infection is increases(the hiv is pass through my broken pimple.) my question is that 1) due to above situation the risk of hiv infection is increases? (due to broken pimples) . 2) can i have to alert by social touching, sharing any things with another person? 3) the risk of trasmmition of hiv infected blood through the broken pimple from which some blood is given out is same sa that the risk due to hiv infected syrings. 4) from overall my condition can any one diagnosed by hiv by this way?(any case is recorded of this type of hiv diagnosing?) plese reply me i am so worried about my pimple.

Response from Dr. McGowan

No your pimples do not put you at increased risk of getting HIV.

HIV does not survive on surfaces, especially after drying. HIV will not be carried or spread on someone's fingers if the skin is intact, you cannot catch it by using keyboards or handling cups that a person with HIV had handled. Normal household or office contact with a person with HIV would not put you at increased risk, you can hug and shake hands with a person with HIV with no risk to you (pimples or not).

Best, Joe

HIV infection through Anus
effects of mutations