PEP Truvada and Kaletra. EXERCISE AND DIET?

Hello Dr McGowan, So this is going to be my second time taking PEP and now I'm feeling the side of effects of Fatigue and Diarrhea. The first time I took PEP I was able to tolerate it but this time I've been feeling the effects. I was just wondering can I still be able to exercise and what kind of diet should I be on? Also I read that the meds can make me anemic will eating liver be a help for me to produce more CBC? Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

-Fernando

Response from Dr. McGowan

Dear Fernando,

Sorry that you are feeling sick. If you are taking a protease inhibitor (like Kaletra or Reyataz) eating with the meds can help. If you are on efavirenz (Sustiva or Atripla) taking it on an empty stomach may help. Anemia can occur if you are on zidovudine (retrovir or combivir), iron will not help for that but since you only need 28 days most people are OK in teh short term.

You can speak with your health care provider about alternatives that may cause less side effects if things get too rough.

Best and be safe in the future.

Joe

drop of hiv infected blood
ciprofloxacin or doxycycline with atripla