|Fresh uncooked garlic interaction with Truvada/Isentress
Mar 20, 2011
I just started taking Truvada/Isentress daily and I would like to know if taking one small fresh clove of garlic every other day will interact with the effectiveness of the drugs. I found an article about the interaction of garlic and saquinavir. (SC Piscitelli et al. The effect of garlic supplements on the pharmacokinetics of saquinavir. "Clinical Infectious Diseases" Electronic Edition (December 3, 2001).) Are my meds very different and it is safe to take garlic?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.