Fresh uncooked garlic interaction with Truvada/Isentress

I just started taking Truvada/Isentress daily and I would like to know if taking one small fresh clove of garlic every other day will interact with the effectiveness of the drugs. I found an article about the interaction of garlic and saquinavir. (SC Piscitelli et al. The effect of garlic supplements on the pharmacokinetics of saquinavir. "Clinical Infectious Diseases" Electronic Edition (December 3, 2001).) Are my meds very different and it is safe to take garlic?

Hello and thanks for your post.

Since the medications in Truvada and raltegravir (Isentress) are metabolized through different pathways than saquinavir, I'm sure that you're ok to take the garlic.

Hope this helps, BY

Taking Hepatitis Vaccine while under PEP?
concerned about transmission to son through bite