|Fresh uncooked garlic interaction with Truvada/Isentress
Mar 20, 2011
I just started taking Truvada/Isentress daily and I would like to know if taking one small fresh clove of garlic every other day will interact with the effectiveness of the drugs. I found an article about the interaction of garlic and saquinavir. (SC Piscitelli et al. The effect of garlic supplements on the pharmacokinetics of saquinavir. "Clinical Infectious Diseases" Electronic Edition (December 3, 2001).) Are my meds very different and it is safe to take garlic?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Can You Get Genital Warts Just From Touching?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.