One pill therapy
Mar 20, 2011
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
The only FDA-approved once-daily single pill regimen is Atripla. It's likely that there will be an alternative single pill regimen (tenofovir/FTC/rilpivirine) in the next several months.
For now, if you're being "killed" with side effects, I'd have a pretty serious discussion with your doctor about other alternatives. There are a number of different HIV medications that should prove to be well tolerated for you and your body. In my opinion, there are few people who can't stomach an additional few pills to avoid serious side effects.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Psoriasis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From In A Hot Tub?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.