One pill therapy
Mar 20, 2011
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
The only FDA-approved once-daily single pill regimen is Atripla. It's likely that there will be an alternative single pill regimen (tenofovir/FTC/rilpivirine) in the next several months.
For now, if you're being "killed" with side effects, I'd have a pretty serious discussion with your doctor about other alternatives. There are a number of different HIV medications that should prove to be well tolerated for you and your body. In my opinion, there are few people who can't stomach an additional few pills to avoid serious side effects.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes
- Does Vicodin Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.