A good medical care

Sorry, I think I posted my question in the wrong forum... :) Here it is

Hello

It's only my 3rd day of hiv+ status. Still wait for a doctor appointment.

I read all the articles here (during three sleepless nights) and I see that choosing a right doctor and right treatment is crucial.

So please can you define "a good medical care" for me?

Thank you!!

Hello and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear about your new diagnosis. You're on the right path though, finding out about your virus, information resources and the like.

You're also right that it's really important to find an experienced HIV health care provider that you can build a relationship of trust and receive non-judgmental care. I suggest that you start with your local AIDS-service organization or check the American Academy of HIV Medicine resource page. Ask your care provider about their experience in caring for persons with HIV; do they attend medical education or HIV conferences? How many patients do they have in care.

Lastly, don't be bashful. If you feel the need, tell us what city or country you live in. I'm sure that we (or our readers) can give you our 2 cents.

Be well, BY

Lower dosage by mistake!
HIV medications and over the counter medications