looking after my meds.

Dear Drs. I live in Ireland and have been taking Atripla since 2009 with great results. In that time I have never missed a dose and I attribute my success in this respect,in part to the fact that I arrange my meds for the following week in a pillbox each Sunday night. Today, however,I read the information sheet that comes with each tub of Atripla and it recommended that the tablets should always be stored in the tub to avoid degradation from moisture. As I've already said, I always lay out 7 days supply in my weekly pillbox, so my question is, Should I stop this? could it be detrimental to the integrity of the tablet? I store my pillbox in my underwear drawer so its not a moist environment, but it certainly isn't air-tight. I've always been determined to do everything correctly in relation to this condition and to be 100% adherent, so the thought that I might be doing something wrong regarding my meds has me quite worried. Thank you, C

Hello and Happy St Patty's Day to you.

I think you're doing just fine. Pill boxes tend to be dry environments to start (they keep water out).

If you've been successful on treatment for years, it's unlikely that anything that you're doing in storing your medications has any significant effect.

So, be well; have a stout for us. BY

How Bad is my HIV status
Use of ultrasound as a therapeutic treatment in HIV patients