Maybe missed a dose

I have been taking medication for nearly 7 years and am undetectable - Kivexa and Stocrin once daily. No side effects. I have missed perhaps three doses in all that time. This morning it seemed to me that I forgot to take the meds last evening (which is regularly about 11 pm), so I took them this morning, 10 am ). I felt a slight vertigo and feebleness, so I concluded I must have taken them last evening. Am I into serious problms? And should I continue this evening or skip, and simply continue tomorrow evening? Thanks a lot.

Hello and thanks for your post.

Since efavirenz (Stocrin, Sustiva) can cause the symptoms that you describe, there's no way to really be sure if you had taken 1 or 2 doses.

Nevertheless, I'd recommend just continuing your medications on schedule this evening. Given that you've done well for 7 years, I'd think that it would be unlikely that you'd have too many problems with the usual evening dose.

Be well, BY

HIV specialist in Atlanta
Did I start meds too soon?