Can Stocrin & Truvada cause hives after 5 years?

Thank you for taking my questions. I have been on Atrpla for 2 years, then switched to Stocrin & Truvada which I have now been on for 3 years. I have never had side effects to speak of in the past. I have just recently been battling, burning itchy hives on my entire body except my face. My HIV Doctor here in Thailand says its not an infection and the Dermatologist feels it is an allergic reaction to the Stocrin and or Truvada and wants me to stop taking them. My 2 Doctors are currently in disagreement and I would love your advise. Does this this side effect of hives sound possible after successfully being on this combination in one form or another for over 5 years? Thanks again for all your great work!

Hello and thanks for your post from Thailand.

I'm in agreement with your HIV doctor. I'd find it strikingly unusual for you to develop a new allergy to your HIV medications after 5 years of otherwise successful treatment. Since the ingredients of Atripla and Stocrin+Truvada are exactly the same, there's no reason to think that this simplification had anything to do with your new symptoms.

I hope that this is helpful, BY

fear of exposure to hiv
TAKING LESS MEDS?