Multivitamins and atripla

HI Doc, thanks for your time. I just started with Atripla. Side effects are going away (I think), just some dizziness after I take it. Is dizziness going away completely? and Should I keep taking Centrum, green tea & mangosteen and Omega 3 campsules? or do they interfere with Atripla? thank you very much

Hi and thanks for your post.

First off, the dizziness that you're experiencing is common in the days after starting efavirenz-containing treatment, like Atripla. It should decrease, but many people will have some residual symptoms; this is entirely why the medication should be taken before bedtime. If the symptoms persist and are unpleasant, you should talk to your health care provider about your symptoms and options.

As for the vitamins, there probably aren't any significant drug-drug interactions, though these are often poorly studied. In my opinion, most American's don't need to take nearly as many supplements or vitamins as they do- our diets handle our vitamin and mineral needs, with only a few exceptions. The omega-3s can help with lowering certain types of fats in the blood and if you have problems with lipids, this can be helpful. We are also beginning to appreciate that many people don't ingest enough calcium and/or vitamin D. So, again, have a discussion with your health care provider or ask a knowledgeable nutritionist about what your needs might be.

Be well and thanks for posting. BY

Taking truvada and kaletra together?
best help