Taking truvada and kaletra together?

Hello there, i am a dentist and am taking PEP after getting a needlestick injury from a high risk patient. I struggled with the side effects for the first few days, but am fine now. My question is that i used to take my Truvada at 3pm, but found it a struggle to see patients in the afternoon due to extreme fatigue. So my GP asked me to move the Truvada to before i sleep. I am now taking Kaletra at 9am and then Kaletra and Truvada together as a dose at 9pm. Is there any harm or decreased efficiency in either anti- retroviral since i am taking them together at 9pm?

Hello and thanks for your post.

You've got it correct. Take the Kaletra and Truvada together. There's no harm in taking them together. Further, one could take all of the meds (ie., all 4 Kaletra tablets with the 1 Truvada) together- I typically recommend patients to take the bulk of their medications at bedtime. This tends to help minimize the effect of side effects on daily activities.

Best of health to you, BY

Inosine effect HIV Test
Multivitamins and atripla