PEP HIV testing and delayed serconversion

I was given PEP after hetrosexual risk. I am man and had unprotected vaginal intercourse with sex worker. The risk of infection was associated to be low but still I took PEP. A normal rapid test was done after 5 days of finishing PEP by the doctor to see whether PEP worked or not but I have to wait for 3 months he said. Is there any other test which I can do like RNA PCR/HIV P24 Antigen and how many days soon I can do it so that I can be assured that I am atleast 90% clear. My anxiety is killing me as pep delays serconversion

Response from Dr. McGowan

There wold be no reason to do a PCR test since you ahve no symptoms of having acute (new) HIV infection. A negative test at 3 months would give you moe than a 90% assurance that you are negative. New "4th generation" tests that include a p24 antigen screen in addition to testing for antibodies will be best to pick up early stages of infection if this is available were you are.

Best, Joe

fingering a woman at a strip club
Medication and AIDS Dementia Complex