am i infected

an hello from a small country Bhutan and thanks for the great job Dr. I would like to know that i had unprotected in november 2009 and i had some flu like symptoms 15 days later. I started getting scared and i got my test for all infections which was normal in december first week also my hiv was negative. on March 2010 4 months after unprotected sex i did my first CD4 was 750 cd4 % 28 PVL RNA PCR test- 98. Now i have done the test again in december 8 months after my first cd4 is now 1090 CD4% 27.10 did not do plv again. BUT lastly my CBC lymphocyte was 56%. Is it also true that lymphocyte % drops in an HIV infection instead increase. Please help me i am in distress as i dont have good medical instution here in my country. Am i infected.

with my best wihes for future HIV cure.

Response from Dr. McGowan

You should skip the CD4 counts and get an HIV antibody (ELISA) test. Your CD4 counts are normal but that is not the way to diagnose HIV. The Viral load test at that low level may be a false positive or may indicate that you are a slow progressor with a low viral load. The best way to sort it out now is with an HIV antibody test which should be positive by now if you are infected.

Joe

elisa test &viral load
fingering a woman at a strip club