Can i be reinfected?

Dear doc am hiv+ and i contracted the decease from my husband when he started falling weak and getting sick all the time he went to have a lab test and it was proven to him,his cd4 cells count was very low and that time i think for what we have come to know he has already develop aids and he was put on medication with in two days time, i also went for a check up and i was also positive but i was not falling sick as he did,we have lived together for about 2years as couples from 2008 but he had got this decease since 1999 without knowing,when i got my cd4 check about two months ago it was form 192 to 387 but my husband's was from 128 to 282,and just to day we had sex when i have already cum in a few minutes he too released but not knowing the condom he was using has already torn, my question is that could i be reinfected or i will be infecting him?the medicine am take is (lamivudine+zidovudine tablets combined together as one tab + afavirenz)and my husband's medicine is (lamivudine single tab,stavudine cupsules usp + efavirenz)please tell me somthing doc cause am kinda very worried and i promise to be very careful on practising safer sex next time,and also we h've both been on treatment for about 8 months now.thank you.

Response from Dr. McGowan

It is possible to get re-infected with HIV. Since you were originally infected by your husband you initially shared the same virus so the re-infection would not really make much difference.

However, now you are both on medicines. If the virus were to develop drug resistance in one of you then that drug resistant virus could be spread between you and effect your or his chances of successful treatment. This may be less of an issue if yu can both achieve and maintain undetectable viral levels on medication and stay faithful by not missing doses of medication.

Best, Joe

one drop of HIV infected blood
after 28 days some kaletra pills remaianing