Feb 18, 2011
Hi Dr. if the hiv infected person vomit up on my face. and this vomit enters on my eyes and mouth what will be the chances of HIV infection?
Response from Dr. McGowan
This question has come up on the Body before.
The answer is: vomitus is not considered an HIV risk, unless it contains visible blood.
There you go.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Culture Done By A Gynecologist Detect Hiv?
- Testosterone Deficiency Itching And Tingling To Legs
- If I Have Sex With A Man Who Is Hiv Negative Then Can I Get Hiv?
- Toes And Balls Of Feet Numbness Neuropathy
- Getting Hiv Test 6 Weeks After Exposure
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Disrupt Wbc On Cbc?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.