environmental hiv transmmition

Hi Dr. my quetion is that "as soon as the blood is dride the HIV virus present in it also died" this statment is true? durring shaking hands some cuts and wounds present on hands of person which is HIV possitive if my hand come in contact with this hand(the same surface in which attaching occure between my hand and another persons hand) and i will put up my hand in my mouth what will be the chancess of hiv infection?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Tanks for your question. HIV cannot survive for long in dried blood. If it is still liquid (an oozing wound) then it may be infectious. Your intact skin is a great barrier against HIV infection. For you to get infected from a wound on another person you would have to rub an open wound on your body against their wound....not something maost people would do. HIV spreads from exchange of body fluids...blood and semen. Those fluids getting inside your body would be the risk. No risk from intact skin on your hands.

Best,

Joe

Atripla & Metformin
VOMIT