My husband is hiv positive am negative and pregnant

My husband tested hiv positive while am negative. My pregnancy is abt 24week. How long is the window period. Am so scared. I love him so much.

Hi and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis, but congratulations on your pregnancy.

We typically recommend HIV testing for 3 months after an exposure, though in the case of pregnancy centers will continue to monitor your HIV status (since HIV medications provided to pregnant positive women can dramatically decrease the risk that the baby becomes infected).

So long as you stay HIV negative, there's no risk of transmission of the virus to the baby.

Your husband should be engaging in experienced HIV medical and client-service care-- let us know if you're having difficulty accessing care.

We well, and best of health to your family, BY

herpes and hiv
Need an experienced HIV physician