missed 6 kaletra tablets in first week

Hi Doctor. Started pep at 18 hours.I have missed 6 kaletra out of 28 tablets given to me for week 1 over period of -day 1 missed 1 day 4 missed 2 and day 5 missed 3 because of nausea. I have completely messed up pep. Truvada is consistent. Do you think I should discontinue pep. Is truavad eneough for pep during this week.

Hi and thanks for your post.

It's not uncommon to hear of gastrointestinal intolerance to lopinavir/ritonavir (Kaltera)-especially when being used in PEP. Fortunately, since you were taking tenofovir/FTC (Truvada) as well and didn't have problems, your PEP effectiveness is very likely buoyed upward.

If it were me and I truly had a high enough risk exposure to warrant the three drug PEP, I'd continue and complete the 28 days. I'd hate to have you acquire HIV and have to second guess this decision.

Best of health to you, BY

Doing everything right?
how to decrease a viral load