Maybe missed a dose

I checked but did not find the same question. I have been taking medication for nearly 3 years and am undetectable - Reyataz, Truvada and Norvir once daily. No side effects. I have never knowingly missed a dose and its now second nature to take my meds. I am not sure but might have forgotten today's dose and did not keep a count this week. Should I just leave it and take tomorrow's dose, or do I take a dose now and risk having taken a double dose today?

Hello and thanks for your post.

If you're not sure if you've taken your dose, and otherwise have had excellent adherence (and undetectable as you are), I'd simply leave the question and take tomorrow's dose. Taking a double dose will only likely expose you to risk of side effects and a single missed dose should have little effect.

Perhaps more that this question, is to be mindful of strategies that might help you in the future to not have this situation reoccur-- namely using reminder systems or a pill box.

Hope this helps, BY

absorption of meds
precaution and lab. test preopeatiive for HIV for cataract