unprotected sex 7 years ago
Feb 10, 2011
I had unprotected sex 7 years ago and never had any signs or symptoms. It's very hard I get sick. it is possible I have HIV?
Response from Dr. Young
Yes, it is entirely possible (though somewhat unlikely) to have asymptomatic HIV infection 7 years after exposure.
The only way to know if you have HIV is to get tested. Indeed, if you EVER have had sex, I'd recommend testing; current US care guidelines suggest testing for all persons age 13-64 as a matter of routine health care.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Ulcers And Herpes Simplex 1?
- What Type Of Antibiotic Treats Chlamydia?
- What Is The Causative Agent Of Herpes?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Eye?
- What Else Causes Genital Warts Other Then Hpv?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.