tested partners with different results still continue with unprotected sex.

my partner was tested positive and mine negative but we still have sex. i have had three different tests but all negative. do i continue to have sex with her without protection? i want to know the explanation behind this.

The explanation is that not every HIV exposure leads to HIV transmission (fortunately!). However, every time you choose to have unprotected sex with your HIV-infected partner, you are playing sexual Russian Roulette. This is very risky! I'd advise you immediately begin using latex condoms for all penetrative sexual relations with your partner. You will also need HIV-antibody testing at the three- and six-month marks from the date of last exposure (unprotected sex). Your partner should establish care with an HIV specialist physician without delay. I'd suggest you both review the information in the chapter in the archives of this forum dedicated to "Magnetic Couples" (one poz and one negative) and consider implementing some of the harm-reduction strategies discussed there.

Good luck to you both.

PEP Missed Pills
unprotected sex 7 years ago