Having a really difficult time

Hi Dr.Young, I had an "essentially nonexistent" risk In Dr. Bob's estimation back in Dec '07. Licking my fingers After vigorously fingering a stripper (think she was +) I had ars type systems 6 weeks post and a shower of increase Of eyefloaters 4 mos after exp and a coated tongue that Just looks infected. I've had 71 elisas over 37 months post (all types ie.lab, Life insurance policy test, clearview 1/2, oraquick finger And oral, uni-gold rapid, home access etc also 4 neg NAT's, one bDNA, one Pcr rna and a pcr dna qual. I know it seems that these would All be neg if I was + but come on. The floaters aren't psychological because the opthamologist can see them, just didn't See cmv or uveitis. What gives?? Couple questions if you Wouldn't mind 1) the first pcr test (pcr dna) was 8 mos post Exp, was this too late to take? Could viral load have gone To undetectable? 2) Am I controlling the virus there by Not producing antibodies? 3) are the floaters a result From the ars type symptoms I had? 4) what final testing Should I have done? A cd-4 jusy to make sure?? Please be gracious and give me your advice. I will listen to whatever you recommend. Thanks and God Bless.

Hello.

I usually don't answer the "do I have HIV questions" on this forum, but yours deserves extra attention.

From the sounds of it, I agree with Dr. Bob that your risk was astronomically, intergalacticaly low.

Really, 71 tests? That's one ever 2 weeks for 3 years. And they're all falsely negative? Really?

Though many feel the same way, just because you have a symptom or two that deserve medical attention doesn't mean that the unifying cause is HIV (and all the best medical testing is wrong), further, insisting that HIV is the cause of your floaters might divert attention from finding the real cause of your visual symptoms. To this point, a quick search of Diagnosis Pro indentifies 14 causes for floaters, none of them are HIV.

So, to your questions: 1) Persons with HIV almost always have positive PCRs within 1 month of exposure. A undetectable test at 8 months is plenty long after exposure to expect virus to be measured.

2) No. You would probably be the first out of 40+ million to have immune control of HIV without developing an antibody response.

3) No. It's not clear that you ever had ARS symptoms. A coated tongue (like floaters) is not the sine qua non of HIV, rather there are many things that could result in the appearance of a white coating of the tongue. BTW, you are referring to oral Candidiasis (thrush), a condition that causes white plaques on the tongue, cheeks and palate. Just a tongue coating would be very atypical of thrush. Oh, and one more BTW, thrush can be caused by many situations other than HIV.

4) No. No more testing. Based on what you described, you do not have HIV infection.

Sorry for the diatribe, it's just that I've never seen someone test so many times and still not believe the results.

Enjoy life, be safe. BY

combination of drugs
SGPT & VDRL