m i ok

hi Dr. i wish to know is it possible to have viral load 104 atleast 4 month after freshly being infected as doctors say its not true i am not on any medicine. the viral load test report also says that the lowest detection limit is 400 to 750000. So does my viral load mean undetectable as it lies below lowest detection limit as per the test report. Secondly my cd4 850 cd4% 28. But my lymphocyte is little high of 56%.

My hiv test was negative 2 weeks after being exposed buy the results above are 4 months after being exposed.

Please help keeping my fingers crossed. if u were to judge with the above results .

Hello and thanks for your post.

Your lab tests would be unusual for someone who was very recently infected as usually we'd expect the HIV viral load to be higher. Your viral load is detectable, I'm surprised that they lab reported the number if it's lower than the limit of quantitation (not limit of detection).

One possibility to explore is if your particular virus isn't detected well by the usual RNA PCR tests. We occasionally will see such patients; we'll run a b-DNA viral load test on these samples and once in a while, find the patient whose RNA test is low, but b-DNA test detects higher viral loads.

Your current CD4 test looks fine, but the CD4% is somewhat below normal.

In any event, you should continue to get periodic (every 3-6 month) monitoring and have comprehensive preventive medical care.

Be well, BY

missing atripla dose
combination of drugs