missing atripla dose

hi my cd4 is 384 and my viral load is <48 or non detectable and my next perscription wont arrive for 3 days, and ive been taking it religiously for 6 months now, but im terrified that i may become resistant to the meds please be honest and tell me how likely i am to become resistant...thanks in advance

Response from Dr. McGowan

Since your viral load has been suppressed completely for 6 months it is not likely that it would rebound if you stopped your meds for a couple of days (sometimes that happens if a person has surgery and can't take meds by mouth for a couple of days). Hopefully your meds will come and it will not be an issue. It usually takes at least 7 to 10 days for the virus to rebound up. Do not try to space out your meds...take them daily on schedule until and if they run out.

Best, Joe

stopping HIV meds
m i ok