Feb 2, 2011
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Yes, it is entirely possible to have a baby if your HIV+. It is especially good that you're already receiving HIV treatment. The principle issue is the use of efavirenz- there is concern about the risk of birth defects when used during the first trimester.
Here in the US, if the pregnancy is planned, we'll often switch the woman's ARV treatment to an alternative treatment, usually a protease inhibitor, and continuing the NRTI part (in your case, Lamzid).
It's best to discuss your plans with your HIV caregivers.
Best of health and good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.